The sitting is one of the most important areas of your home – not only is it a place for you to kick back and unwind, but it’s also a space where you are most likely to entertain guests. As a result, it’s important that it has the ‘WOW’ factor that will be the envy of your friends and family and create the kind of space that you actually want to spend time in.
With that in mind, here are some top tips that you can use to bring the WOW factor into your living room!
- Try to arrange your furniture in a way that is not only logical but interesting. For example, while the focal point of a sitting room is typically the TV, try instead to create multiple focal points throughout the space. For example, you could include statement decor such as stunning Kinetic Wood sculptures. Not only is this a great way to amp up the WOW factor, the clever placement of artwork and furniture can also make a smaller lounge appear much bigger than it actually is.
- An interesting color scheme is another great way to bring the WOW factor into your home, but if you prefer a more neutral scheme from your walls and flooring, find other ways to bring color into your sitting room. For example, you can bring color to your home through flowers and indoor plants or extra furnishings such as cushions, throws, and blankets.
- Look into flooring options that will give your home a luxury look instead of choosing whatever flooring you come across first. After all, flooring can completely transform how space looks, especially if you opt for something dynamic such as dark wood or even bamboo flooring. If you want to add a touch of comfort and sophistication to your lounge but still want wooden flooring – get your hands on a colorful area rug to break up space and add a little something extra to space.
- When it comes to home renovations, more often than not, the ceiling is left in its original state – but this doesn’t have to be the case. In fact, experimenting a little when it comes to ceiling decoration can give your sitting room the WOW fixture it deserves. For example, this could be achieved by installing interesting lighting fixtures or painting the ceiling in a color that matches or complements the walls.
- When you look through home decor magazines or even visit show homes – they are put together in a way that is designed to entice you. To do this, they ensure that the sitting room has a cohesive theme – the colors blend together well and that each and every item of furniture compliments each other. Following this model is the easiest way to give your home the WOW factor. If you aren’t sure where to get started, use this color wheel to put together a dynamic color scheme for your sitting room and work from there. Don’t forget to experiment with a range of different textures too!
- Garden Maintenance: 5 Ways To Bring Your Garden Back To Life - June 1, 2022
- 8 Ways Gardening Can Make You Happy - April 24, 2022
- The Case For Lawns: How They Help You And Your Garden - April 12, 2022