Everything You Need to Know About Venetian Plaster Application
Anyone aware of Venetian plaster knows the beauty it holds. The material that has been used in finish walls right from the ancient time is now making a huge comeback.
It started with the Tuscan decorating movement of the 90s and continuing even to this date.
The beauty it holds is hard to forget. So, before you get your hands into one, it is better to learn about the steps revolving around venetian plaster application first.
Right now, these plasters can be seen in homes of different styles. Some of the popular plaster designers are just in love with these plasters to make unique designs, and they have talked about ways to apply the same.
Reasons for Their Comeback:
You must be wondering why venetian plaster application is in vogue these days. It is because the plaster is still alive in people’s mind.
With some of the best technological advances in the lime plastic composition, it has become easier than before to use these Venetian plasters nowadays.
People are getting more exposed to this material and it is going viral now!
The increasing and enduring appreciation for the natural materials used in Venetian plaster is making it even more popular among the masses.
The growing focus now lies on the blurring of the architectural line between outdoors and indoors. Lime plaster, at this stage, is literally like placing earth on walls!
Ways to Apply the Perfect Wall Finish:
To apply that stuccoed surface coat on the walls, you need to be aware of the steps revolving around venetian plaster application first. It might seem difficult, but in reality it is not.
For working on the application process, you will need some tools like steel trowel, working gloves, paintbrush, eye protections, roller, paint try, drop cloth, the plaster, sandpaper, roller cover, paint primer, paste wax and universal colorants.
- Remember that Venetian plaster is pretty much different from usual paint, so venetian plaster application will be quite different as well. Spend some time practicing with this new material before going for the real deal.
- In case you are adding own tint to plastic, start by mixing small batches first with different colorant quantities. Take notes while you do that for finding the right mix.
- Now, you have to prepare the room. So, clear it up as much as you can and then spread a drop cloth on the floor. Start your venetian plaster application with the walls and ceilings first. However, the surface for that has to be real smooth. So, wash the grease and dirt off first, and fill the holes or cracks and then prime the place surface.
- Now open the plaster can and mix in the tint. Then start applying the plaster from one corner of the room with the help of a flexible steel trowel. Apply thin coat first and then spread plaster. Let the first coat dry before applying the next one.
- For the final step of venetian plaster application, you need to burnish the finish. For that, start burnishing the surface areas and apply a topcoat, which is optional. For burnishing, rub the space with fine sandpaper in circular motion. Then clean it with a damp cloth. It helps in creating a more polished look of the surface then.
Don’t Forget your Budget:
Before you head towards Venetian plaster, don’t forget to pre-set a budget plan. A rough plaster work will cost you somewhere between $6 and $11 for every 100 square feet.
There will be some added rates for the pre-mixed joint component, latex colorant and even for that tinted glaze.
So, based on all the calculations, it will cost you around $18 to $33 for every 100 square feet. Make sure to pre-set your budget accordingly.
- Create a Captivating Outdoor Space with These Simple Tips - April 12, 2023
- Things You Should Know About a Boiler Installation - February 17, 2023
- How to install drain pipes under a kitchen sink - February 1, 2023